Geopolitical Darwin Awards

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Mon Sep 20 09:42:30 PDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> (Remember the
> Hiroshima bomb was *not* tested, so sure were the scientists.  Trinity

My understanding (and I am *positive* someone will correct me if I'm
wrong) was that there was a shortage of both fissionable materials and
appropriate [altimeter] fuse mechanisms, making testing a outside of enemy
territory a losing proposition.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org
0xBD4A95BF

  "...justice is a duty towards those whom you love and those whom you do
  not.  And people's rights will not be harmed if the opponent speaks out
  about them."      Osama Bin Laden
	- - -

  "There aught to be limits to freedom!"    George Bush
	- - -

Which one scares you more?