Geopolitical Darwin Awards

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Sep 18 13:26:23 PDT 2004

    --
On 16 Sep 2004 at 15:54, Tyler Durden wrote:
> I'll grant there are some fanatics left in Iran, but Iran
> seems increasingly dominated by fairly sleezy clergy/judges.
> Like any government, theirs is deteriorating into a mere
> racket. And if you ask me, fanaticism never lasts very long
> anywhere, only for about a generation during turbulent times.

Iran is fostering war in Iraq and cooperating with Al Quaeda,
which after what happened to Saddam indicates a fair degree of
insanity.

Iranian financed military movements, Hezbollah and Sadr, have
been fairly well behaved - they don't target other people's
children - just their own, but their willingness to cause the
deaths of their own children is even more frightening than Al
Quaeda's antics, though marginally less repugnant morally.

People so willing to sacrifice children, are apt to be willing
to use nuclear weapons.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     JKV/vsDeMLA+XUjdEyUC/KWjhIp7SvJjIbs1S7N/
     4obymQ+9XJMZgOwhPiK6FAtItaG0jErbco9OOpmms