Geopolitical Darwin Awards

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 12:54:49 PDT 2004

Who, the Iranians? Which ones are fanatics?

I'll grant there are some fanatics left in Iran, but Iran seems increasingly
dominated by fairly sleezy clergy/judges. Like any government, theirs is
deteriorating into a mere racket. And if you ask me, fanaticism never lasts
very long anywhere, only for about a generation during turbulent times. Iran
in particular is a special case...seems to me their cultural momentum will
always outweigh any temporary fanaticism. A country that has a small but
thriving prostitution industry can't be all that fanatical.

-TD