"Forest Fire" responsible for a 2.5mi *mushroom cloud*?

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Mon Sep 13 18:59:19 PDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Bill Stewart wrote:

> The news says that North Korea's government says they were
> blowing the top off a mountain as part of hydroelectric construction.

Yes, I heard it driving home this afternoon.

Blowing up a mountain without any kind of warning (assuming that this
isn't a case of universal coverup, which it doesn't look like) is a sure
fire way to make your neighbors nervous!  Nice to know Kim has a [warped
but effective] sense of humor :-)

> They don't quote any unnamed officials saying "Whoops"...

If a nuke goes off a few dozen meters under a mountain, is there anyone
there to see it?  What is the sound of one mountain moving?

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org
0xBD4A95BF

  "...justice is a duty towards those whom you love and those whom you do
  not.  And people's rights will not be harmed if the opponent speaks out
  about them."      Osama Bin Laden
	- - -

  "There aught to be limits to freedom!"    George Bush
	- - -

Which one scares you more?