Call for 'hackers' to try to access voting machines draws stern warning

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Sat Sep 11 07:56:51 PDT 2004

t 06:59 PM 9/10/04 -0400, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
><http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl/article?id=7181775>
>Call for 'hackers' to try to access voting machines draws stern warning

> The warning came after Elections officials received a faxed document
last
>week stating that a $10,000 cash award would be offered to anyone who
can
>successfully "hack" into electronic voting machines to prove whether
vote
>tallies can be changed.

Sounds like a good idea for social hacking in the States, too.
The "No paper trail, no trust" coalition needs only a bit of typesetting

and some glue to make the point.  Art is not a crime.  Political sarcasm

is art.  I'm surprised that flyers haven't appeared in SF yet; art is
not
just for the playa.  Even better, give Diebold's URL on the flyer...