Perplexing proof

Victor Duchovni Victor.Duchovni at MorganStanley.com
Fri Sep 10 08:40:08 PDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 08:23:06AM -0400, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

> "[The suggested proof] is rather incomprehensible," professor Marcus du
> Sautoy of Oxford University told The Guardian, adding that if correct it
> could lead to the creation of a "prime spectrometer" that would bring "the
> whole of e-commerce to its knees overnight".

http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/~dusautoy/flash/1hard/listpub.htm

So at least now we have a named source, even one who works on generalized
zeta functions. The out of the blue "prime spectrometer" claim is still
rather puzzling... Does anyone know why Du Sautoy is making this claim
(if it is indeed reported correctly).

--

 /"\ ASCII RIBBON                  NOTICE: If received in error,
 \ / CAMPAIGN     Victor Duchovni  please destroy and notify

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA