Gilmore case...Who can make laws?

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 08:19:08 PDT 2004

Well, still ruminating...

The kind of regulations that regulatory bodies have made in the past are in
their nature different from these secret rules I still believe. This is of
course aside from their secret nature.

Previously, if a regulatory body such as the FCC enacted some kind of
policy, they could fine companies that did not comply. From my naive
perspective, I didn't view these regs as really having a direct impact on
private citizen units/individuals, apart from their organization, but then
again I could probably think of exceptions.

Hum. I wonder. Do you think these secret regulations are communicated via
secure channels? What would happen if someone decided to send their own
regulations out to all of the local airline security offices rescinding any
private regs, particularly if one used official-looking letterhead?

-TD