stegedetect & Variola's Suitcase

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 08:22:28 PDT 2004

So here's the 'obvious' question:

How fast can dedicated hardware run if it were a dedicated Stegedetect
processor?

In other words, how easy would it be for NSA, et al to scan 'every' photo on
the internet for Stego traces? (And then, every photo being emailed?)

And then, how fast can someone write a worm that will make every photo
stored on a harddrive look like it's been stegoed?

-TD