Gilmore case...Who can make laws?

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Tue Sep 7 08:30:15 PDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Tyler Durden wrote:

> Hum. Another wrinkle in this thing occurred to me here, though I'm sure
> various Cypherpunks will (rightly) declare me naive.
>
> This describes the "Government" as creating secret laws. But, theoretically,
> only the congress and the Senate can create new laws, correct?

Incorrect.  There are serveral backdoors.  The POTUS can issue a
Presidential Finding, and said "finding" effectively creates a "law".

The SCOTUS can make laws as well, also by issuing findings, although they
are then called "decisions" :-/

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org
0xBD4A95BF

  "...justice is a duty towards those whom you love and those whom you do
  not.  And people's rights will not be harmed if the opponent speaks out
  about them."      Osama Bin Laden
	- - -

  "There aught to be limits to freedom!"    George Bush
	- - -

Which one scares you more?