Gilmore case...Who can make laws?

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Tue Sep 7 08:55:53 PDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Tyler Durden wrote:

> This describes the "Government" as creating secret laws. But,
> theoretically, only the congress and the Senate can create new laws,
> correct? The Executive branch has never been empowered to create laws,
> and I'm thinking these travel laws did not go through congress or the
> senate.

Well, there's the "Executive Order", as well as the fact that many
organizations are empowered to create "policy". Although policy is not
specifically law, it may as well be.

I am curious though:

1) Can the laws that grant policy making privileges be themselves secret?

2) Are policy making privilege laws restricted within a certain scope
(within a specific organization)?

3) Are all *SIGNED* executive orders publically available?

-Chuck

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR