Anonymizer outsourcing customer data?

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer nobody at cypherpunks.to
Fri Sep 3 17:10:49 PDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> > They claim they have over 1 million users. Is a class action suit in
> > order? Their privacy policy clearly states
> >
> > "We consider your email address to be confidential information. We will
> > never rent, sell, or otherwise reveal it to any other party without prior
> > consent, except under the conditions set forth in the User Agreement for
> > spamming and related abuses of netiquette, or unless we are compelled to
> > do so by court order."
> >

> As if that's not bad enough, I emailed their (useless) support about
> this and some retarded drone emailed back claiming that the email came
> from Anonymizer not lyris.net (even though I pointed out the IP address
> in the email belonged to lyris.net).
>
> *sigh*
> Such incompetance   :(

Oh, look! Anonymizer has fixed the problem in their latest HTML-laden
email!

See, they >>care<<!

Oops:

Name:    anonymizer.lyris.net
Address:  64.62.197.139
Aliases:  wecare.anonymizer.com

Methinks they are mocking us. What happened to them? They were a fine
company once. Did Cottrell sell the brand? What other parts of the privacy
policy are they willfully violating?