The cages on the Hudson, AKA Little Guantanamo (fwd)

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 19:46:54 PDT 2004

>a. there is no "we", except individuals with the freedom to chose their
>own actions.

Bullshit. Live in New York for a while and you'll see there's a "we".

>b. cops have guns.

So do we, and guns they're not allowed to have. (Well, we're not allowed to
have 'em either...)

>Yeah, "Not totally." Just like Red China isn't a total totalitarian state,
>and it allowed the students at Tienamen Sq to demonstrate.  We're not too
>far away from that, except these cops don't (yet?) have tanks and as far
>as has been reported in the media, haven't murdered anyone in the
>protests, and that the arrested have been let out a few days later rather
>than tortured.

This ain't Red China. We're armed and not peaceful. We're not cream of the
crop, true-believer Beijing DaXue types like the Chinese kids in TianAnMen
Fang. If we grew up here we know how to fight back, and we will after a
certain point.

>It's certainly inching towards totalitarianism and away from "the right of
>the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a
>redress" (not, there's nothing in that text about protest pens, open your
>bag searches, show me your ID, or protest permits.)

Well, I didn't say it was going to be a downhill ride. But you're clearly
"not from around here, are you boy"? Try growing up in Washington Heights
and Brooklyn, and you'll understand why the cops were nervous enough to even
try this kind of shit. This ain't the nice little suburb you do your
contract programming in...this is New York City. We only obey the law
because we know there's a thin line between order and chaos in this town.

-TD