Cyclotrimethylene trinitramine

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 27 20:08:57 PDT 2004

John Young <jya at pipeline.com> writes:

>Generously, the US government offers a complete set of photos,
>drawings, process diagrams and descriptions for an RDX manufacturing
>plant. Library of Congress has the info in its Historic American
>Engineering Record.

It's not all too hard to make from hexamine (although quite inefficient,
the bulk manufacture isn't done that way) for someone with access to a
bit of chemical equipment.  I couldn't believe the fuss they're making
over this, it's just another HE, although more brisant than most.  The
story is about as interesting as "Stick of dynamite discovered in
Baghdad parking lot", the media is making it sound like someone's
absconded with a live nuke.  I guess they couldn't spend the necessary
30 seconds or so it'd take to look it up somewhere and see what was
involved.

Peter.