Russia tied to Iraq's missing arms

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Thu Oct 28 01:14:03 PDT 2004

At 08:09 PM 10/27/2004, R.A. Hettinga wrote:
>I'll see you one fizzled October surprise, and raise you...

The Bush Administration succeeded in delaying it until
late enough in October not to ruin the election,
and in the Commie-Colored states it's probably mostly
playing as "that Eeeevillll Saddam had lots of Ammo,
aren't we glad that Fearless Leader took him out!"

>THE WASHINGTON TIMES

There's the Liberal Media at work :-)

>reliable information

         The Bush Administration keeps using phrases like
"reliable information" and "credible sources".
I don't think it means what _they_ think it means.

>on the arms-dispersal program from two European intelligence services that
>have
>detailed knowledge of the Russian-Iraqi weapons collaboration.

Russians collaborating with Iraqis?  I thought the Iraqis
were supposed to be on the side of Moslem Terrorists,
like the Chechens.  I guess propaganda has no more reason to be
self-consistent than Middle Eastern political behaviour, though.

>      Most of Saddam's most powerful arms were systematically separated from
>other arms like mortars, bombs and rockets, and sent to Syria and Lebanon,
>and possibly to Iran, he said.

Saddam giving weapons to the Iranians?  Fat chance.
Syria's not real likely either, though less improbable,
and Lebanon's mostly under Syrian control but has enough
people there who are anti-Israel that it's possible.

----
Bill Stewart  bill.stewart at pobox.com