Inadvertent Iraqi anarchocapitalism (Re: US Retardation of Free Markets (was Airport insanity))

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Oct 27 10:56:42 PDT 2004

At 10:41 AM -0700 10/27/04, James A. Donald wrote:
>What worked in Afghanistan was to find some local warlord we
>could live with, someone in no hurry to get his six pack of
>virgins, someone who might want to put sacks over the heads of
>the women of his town, but had no grandiose ambitions to stuff
>all the women of the world into bags, and then we cut a deal
>with him - we help him his slay his enemies, he helps us slay
>our enemies.
>
>Unfortunately the US plan to bring democracy to the middle
>east, and to preserve Iraq as a unitary state, keeps getting in
>the way of this sort of deal.

Except, apparently, in Iraqi Kurdistan:

<http://www.livejournal.com/users/giantlaser/58953.html>

Wherein Ryan Lackey's boss has left Baghdad for a nice hotel upstate...

:-)

Ryan, apparently remains downtown where all the fun is...

<http://www.livejournal.com/users/giantlaser/59447.html>

page down to see Ryan in all his former dry-suited Sealand glory...

I recommend Tyler <http://www.livejournal.com/users/giantlaser/> and
Jayme's <http://www.livejournal.com/users/slownewsday/> Iraq Livejournal
blogs as a wonderful example of inadvertant anarchocapitalism in action.

Inadvertent, because, of course, they *really* wanna be statists, liberal
ones in fact, in spite of evidence all around them to the contrary.

I still think they're heroes. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, *Ryan's* a
hero at this point.

Nick Berg lives.

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA