US Retardation of Free Markets (was Airport insanity)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Oct 27 10:57:14 PDT 2004

    --
On 27 Oct 2004 at 9:55, Tyler Durden wrote:
> There are plenty of counter-examples to the "benefits" of US
> interventionism, particularly throughout central America.

We saw that when the Soviet Union fell, the US lost interest in
central America, and peace and democracy broke out in central
America with the victory of those forces that had formerly
received US backing, and the defeat of those forces that had
formerly received Soviet backing, showing that US meddling in
central America, was, as it was claimed to be, a defensive
response to Soviet meddling, a defensive response that had the
support of the people of central America, and that the
suffering of central America was in substantial part caused by
Soviet meddling.

> But apparently, the locals are not particularly happy about
> the unilateral decisions we've been making in their benefit.
> Of course, you might chalk this up to fanaticism/Islam or
> whatever, but I suspect they just don't trust us (Abu
> Ghraib),

Sure they don't trust us, but observe that in the Afghan
election, Karzai got 56% of the vote, and the
soft-on-the-taliban guys got much the same vote as the supposed
representatives of the oppressed masses in Central America -
down in the asterixes.  I predict a very similar election
outcome in Iraq.  Sadr may get a dangerously large vote,
possibly as large as the Nazis got in the Weimar republic, but
anyone who looks aligned with the car bombers will be down in
the asterixes.

> and remember the fact that it was the US that propped up
> Saddam as long as he stuck to the script.

Another tale from your odd parallel universe where the US
attacked Korea.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     zEWlCJhdBBReeJ2Tnl5midyyezqcb0uz+y18EzpX
     4OAEBY/Hw5iw7juSxIfTFKJsXQRt7junqQKOiLZ07