US Retardation of Free Markets (was Airport insanity)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Oct 26 21:10:03 PDT 2004

    --
James A. Donald:
> > Moral equivalence, the rationale of those who defend
> > tyranny and slavery.

Roy M. Silvernail
> Moral superiority, the rationale of both sides of any given
> violent conflict.  The winner gets to use the victory to
> proclaim the correctness of their interpretation.

A claim that presupposes that the west is just as totalitarian
as its enemies, that well known reality is not to be trusted,
that newsmen and historians are servants of the vast capitalist
conspiracy, so in place of obvious truths, we can substitute
any ridiculous fantasy that we find politically conforting, for
example  Tyler Durden's fantasy that the US attacked Korea, and
attacked to impose poverty on Koreans so that the US can be
rich, or the widely popular fantasy that the CIA trained Osama
Bin Laden.  Seeing as Bin Laden's contribution to the
revolutionary war against the Soviets was merely roadbuilding,
did they train him in roadbuilding?

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     AErjoTRu9URKg4L+F5xjlOq35GQBD2reuyMhDJ5b
     46ur5/+9ZCqnZu8EDgtmmeUH93ImKPyfT6+Pj/QUE