Donald's Job Description

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Mon Oct 25 12:15:25 PDT 2004

At 1:57 PM -0500 10/25/04, J.A. Terranson wrote:
>Here: Allow me to be the very first - Kerry Very Definitely NEEDS KILLING.
>But not until Georgie has had *his* turn.

Exactly the point I was making before. Binary politics are a bitch, boys
and girls.

viz, "I'm as cryptoanarchist as the next guy, but kill the
[democrats/republicans] first" means that we are, in fact, democrats or
republicans and not cryptoanarchists, and will remain so until there aren't
democrats/republicans/libertarians/greens/whatever, to vote for to begin
with.

That means a structural change in *physics*, and not politics. In the vein
of another canonical cypherpunk, "cypherpunks write code".

Doesn't mean that politics is not a topic of discussion around here, far
from it. This list is, has been, mostly, since its inception, a watering
hole and not a working list, but we have to remember not the put the
political cart before the physical/financial/economic horse.

To mangle my favorite Clinton (George): Free (as in liberty...) your code
and your political mind will follow.

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA