Donald's Job Description

Pete Capelli pcapelli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 09:52:11 PDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:40:12 -0400, Tyler Durden
<camera_lumina at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the Bush "supporters" I've met aren't normally so sure. They'll kind
> of hem and haw, or saw "Well, he's got advisors...", or "Well, Kerry ain't
> any better." Once in a while they'll point to Buh's believability or
> decisiveness, but I've never seen anyone (besides Mr Donald) attempt the
> role of super-apolegist for anything the current regime has done.

What percentage of Kerry supporters are supporters, and not just an
anti-Bush vote?

> Oddly, when I see Bush speak, I actually in a weird way kind of like him. Or
> at least, I believe that he believes in what he's doing. Don't get me wrong
> now: he's completely wrong, and a wan smile would cross my lips if his
> meeting with Jesus were hastened quite a bit.

This is my point.  He hasn't done *everything* wrong, yet given the
shrill denouncements from both sides, you'd think that both the
candidates were complete morons.  I'd think there would be some
measured discussion on this list, but its the same slogans spewed out.

Do you really think Kerry wouldnt have signed the Patriot Act if he
was president?  Federalized the drivers license requirements?  Pushed
for socialized medicine with central controls?  Kerry or Bush, Kang or
Kodos, in the end it means the same thing.

--

Pete Capelli                                              pcapelli at ieee.org
http://www.capelli.org                                 PGP Key ID:0x829263B6