US Retardation of Free Markets (was Airport insanity)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Oct 25 00:06:13 PDT 2004

    --
James A. Donald:
> > Bin Laden's intent was to make anyone in America afraid -
> > thus the use of airliners, rather than truck bombs.
> > McViegh's intent was to make BATF afraid.

J.A. Terranson:
> This is idiotic.  You're claiming that the definition of
> "terrorist" is dependent not on the act, but on why the act
> was committed.

Analogously, the definition of "murderer" depends on why the
act was committed.

> So if I was to go out tomorrow and spread 2000 curies of Ci
> into the local subway system "As payback for Ruby Ridge",
> this would not be an act of terrorism?

That would be terrorism, because regardless of what you *said*
your intent was, you would not be targeting those responsible
for Ruby Ridge.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     VD3OmstfdjDi423472WFnOcF4OoAi0gOL2FZR45Y
     4G2LCL/l1ZIVyRLfDcdladNssQtPhB0PR3mZs2VbO