"Give peace a chance"? NAH...

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Oct 24 12:09:26 PDT 2004

    --
Adam:
> This brings up thoughts of prior debates on whether or not US
> citizens are subject to the International Court. We (the US)
> are making a habit of forcing our laws on other countries,
> but yet we are not subject to the laws of an established
> INTERNATIONAL court; one who's laws are created from a
> consensus of people of many nations and backgrounds. The
> hypocrisy of the "Bush Doctrine" is simply mind-boggling.

The same consensus as runs the international human rights
commission that condemns Israel while blessing Sudan?

The ICC and the world court have a track record that resembles
the lowest common demoninator of the governments that sponsor
it - They support tyrrany, terror, and slavery, and shattering
confiscation of property.

For all that is wrong with the US government, remember the
condition  of people under the great majority of the world:
poverty and fear, where the political privilege of a few
shatters the economy and forces the vast majority into poverty,
for example India, Burma, Nigeria, Vietnam, Pakistan, Cuba
Indonesia, and all the rest.

If we were subject to the power of those governments that
compose the majority of the world's governments, we would be as
poor, unfree, and frightened as the subjects of those
governments.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     FIkvqRtdx4mKda8MY0+7FCzRw09CvdTSH2IjDCV3
     4H7vUDccMZaaLjHdsx+DkMirimYrUgLbOx8ZpmAjm