US Retardation of Free Markets (was Airport insanity)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Oct 24 03:43:51 PDT 2004

    --
On 23 Oct 2004 at 22:58, Adam wrote:
> I am curious, Mr. Donald, how exactly you define the word
> "terrorist". I request that your definition be generic; i.e.
> not a definition like "anyone who attacks the US".On 23 Oct
> 2004 at 22:58, Adam wrote: I am curious, Mr. Donald, how
> exactly you define the word "terrorist". I request that your
> definition be generic; i.e. not a definition like "anyone who
> attacks the US".

Terrorist:  One who uses terror as a means of coercion.

The word was originally coined to describe the committee of
public safety created by the french revolution, and was
subsequently used to decribe similar regimes, most of them
revolutionary, for example Lenin's.  However it is equally
applicable to non government groups who use similar measures.
The difference between guerrilas and non government terrorists
is that terrorists target random innocents - for example
blowing up schoolchildren for accepting candy from US soldiers,
as recently happened in Iraq.  Similarly the deliberately
capricious executions by most communist regimes, intended to
produce a sense of fear and helplessness in their subjects.

McViegh did not target innocents.  Bin Laden did target
innocents.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     Kiq2Py/gfRNvDbIgFETkSh12S9ilsTHs1STZ0G+i
     4YtWt9FfhBsS+aa3NSU17iXdsABNEuxtdCDwkYKjY