Airport insanity

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 23 16:41:45 PDT 2004

Let us not forget the more tangible 'value' in bombing the WTC and messing
up things downtown. First of all, the companies in the WTC were, to say the
least, impacted (actually, the company I work for lost 11 people and
relocated to NJ for about a year)....hitting them (and their workers) was
probably not considered "collateral damage" by Al Qaeda, any more than
bombing German or japanese urban production centers was considered that for
the allies in WWII. Next comes the financial district and Wall Street as a
whole. The third (and as it turned out by far the most impactful) was the
destruction of the Telecom Central Office in #4 World Trade Center, along
with bringing off-line the big Verizon CO across the street. These actually
caused Wall Street to be knocked off line for several days, an impact that
is hard to underestimate. And while I suspect that Al-Qaeda were probably
unaware in advance of the impact on Telecom, the rest was certainly a
conscious decision.

-TD