US Retardation of Free Markets (was Airport insanity)

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 22 18:08:34 PDT 2004

Well, yes there are counterexamples I guess. The kind of retardation I'm
talking about seems to happen when the influence in through covert,
destabilising channels.

Taiwan is a particularly odd example...it definitely has started forming a
modern economy, but then again it had many decades of oppression. It also
had swiped billions upon billions of dollars of gold and other substances
that backed the Chinese monetary system prior to 1949, so arguably that
money had to go somewhere.

-TD