Airport insanity

John Kelsey kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 22 18:03:56 PDT 2004

Maybe I missed that.  All but one of the comments I read about involved a lot of complaints about mistreatment, albeit often with the admission that Gitmo was still better than being in an Afghan prison.  As a nitpick, though, it's not at all clear that most of the people at Gitmo were really terrorists, or even murderers.  None of them has had a trial, few have even had hearings, and many were released as not a threat to us.  (They may still be a threat to everyone else around them.)

>A few have more serious complaints.  Either they are lying or,
>those who say they were well treated apart from being held
>captive are lying.

Surely the other alternative is that only some prisoners are subjected to torture, e.g., the ones that look to have some serious intelligence value.

>         James A. Donald

--John