Seld-defeating US foreign policy

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Oct 22 14:08:11 PDT 2004

    --
James A. Donald:
> > But Khatami was knackered shortly after being elected, so
> > any aid would be aiding the terrorists.  We saw how well
> > that worked in Fallujah and Sadr city.

> > >    June 2001: Khatami re-elected

> > A few months or weeks thereafter, Khatami knackered.

Will Morton
> Either you're trolling, in which case I salute you as a
> master of your art, or you are wilfully ignorant.

BBC June 6 2001, a few days after Khatami's election
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/1373476.stm
: :	Much of the press that backs Mr Khatami's reforms
: :	has been silenced, and many of the president's
: :	supporters have been jailed or face charges

Had the US "supported Khatami", it would have in fact been
supporting not Khatami, but rather those who imprison his
supporters, and who seek to murder people like me.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     q7pyxdArlCfDAnZE5d3/+IxkWI7iTjT8piFY8Z9P
     4EqVTUwRFAWA5KaO8hX5bsicPYMeirjqN7jA2dTqy