Printers betray document secrets

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Thu Oct 21 06:57:28 PDT 2004

Simple way to test.  Get two printers of the same make and model.  Print
identical documents on both printers, scan them, diff the scans.  Some
will be noise, repeat several times, see which noise repeats and you get
closer and closer to the serial #'s.

 + ^ + :"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.  /|\
  \|/  :They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country /\|/\
<--*-->:and our people, and neither do we." -G. W. Bush, 2004.08.05 \/|\/
 + v + :    War is Peace, freedom is slavery, Bush is President.