Airport insanity

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Oct 21 09:43:16 PDT 2004

    --
On 21 Oct 2004 at 10:26, Sunder wrote:
> IMHO, you are a misguided armchair general who sees yourself
> as equal to those scumbags that have risen in power to lead
> or enslave nations since you seem to constantly say "they
> should have done X, and not Y"

When people are under attack, you cannot tell them to suck it
up, which is what you are doing.  If we had no government, we
might well be doing pogroms against american muslims - and a
good thing to.

War causes governments, and causes governments to gain power,
but the US government was not the aggressor in this war.   US
government meddling in the middle east was unwise and
unnecessary, but it did not provoke, nor does it justify, this
war.

The intent of a large minority of muslims was to start a holy
war between the west and Islam, and the majority of muslims
lack the will or courage to stop them, or even criticize them.
That was not the intent of Americans, or the American
government.  They started it, they meant to start it. Americans
tried to avoid it, some of them are still trying to avoid it.
All Americans are still trying to conduct the war on the
smallest possible scale, against the smallest possible subset
of Islam, disagreeing only on how small that subset can be.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     YeXgmiDN23gKNejAXLPSgfGxzFPVqFa/9pEDbWNr
     41sYVdSvXQCEQniQVEIYWhWw2HjtvpvuHtQ0QXUaI