Printers betray document secrets

Steve Thompson steve49152 at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 20 20:28:50 PDT 2004

I seem to recall hearing a rumour that suggested that for years now, photocopiers have been leaving their serial number on the copies they produce.  If true, and I am inclined to believe it, it follows naturally that something similar might happen with laser-printers and ink-jet printers.

Ian Grigg <iang at systemics.com> wrote: R.A. Hettinga wrote:

> US scientists have discovered that every desktop printer has a signature
> style that it invisibly leaves on all the documents it produces.

I don't think this is new - I'm pretty sure it was
published about 6 or 7 years back as a technique.

iang