Technology Review: Ari Juels of RSA "Top Young Innovator" for RFID Blocker Tag

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Oct 20 15:16:29 PDT 2004

<http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/10-19-2004/0002287400&EDATE=>

RSA Security CEO Art Coviello Awarded Top Honors from New England Business
and Technology Association

 Dr. Ari Juels of RSA Laboratories also recognized as one of the world's Top
             Young Innovators by MIT's Technology Review Magazine

    BEDFORD, Mass., Oct. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- RSA Security Inc.
(Nasdaq: RSAS) today announced that it has been awarded top honors by two
leading technology organizations - the New England Business and Technology
Association (NEBATA), and the Technology Review, MIT's Magazine of Innovation.
Art Coviello, president and chief executive officer at RSA Security, was
recognized with a New England Business and Technology Award for his
significant impact in developing and deploying technologies that have
addressed critical business issues, while at the same time, contributing to
the prosperity of New England.  RSA Laboratories' director and chief
scientist, Dr. Burt Kaliski, was awarded this honor in 2003.
    "The New England Business and Technology Awards program recognizes New
England business and technology leaders who have made significant strides in
the development, deployment or utilization of technology," said Thomas
Hopcroft, president, NEBATA.  "We are proud to recognize Mr. Coviello for his
contributions to the New England business community."
    Under his direction and leadership, Coviello has been instrumental in
establishing RSA Security as an industry leader in information security,
increasing its customer base to more than 15,000 organizations around the
globe, and company revenue from $25 million in 1995, to $259 million in 2003.
Coviello is also an established authority on industry and national cyber
security issues, consumer identity protection, and necessary steps to enable
further Internet innovation.
    "I am honored to be recognized by NEBATA for our accomplishments as both
an industry-leading identity and access management solutions provider, but
also for our healthy increase in both revenue and workforce, including those
employed at our headquarters in New England," said Coviello.  "Recognition
from this prestigious organization proves that we're making great progress in
important areas, and setting a more positive tone for the information security
industry as a whole."
    In addition to Coviello's honors last week, Technology Review, MIT's
Magazine of Innovation, recently named Dr. Ari Juels, RSA Laboratories'
principal research scientist and manager of Applied Research, to the 2004 list
of the world's 100 Top Young Innovators.  Chosen by the editors of Technology
Review and an elite panel of judges, the TR100 consists of 100 individuals
under age 35 whose innovative work in technology has created a profound
impact.
    "In the five years since we began naming our annual selection of the
world's top innovators under age 35, inclusion among the TR100 has become one
of the most prestigious awards for young innovators around the world," said
David Rotman, executive editor of Technology Review.  "This year's winners are
all pioneering fascinating innovations in the fields of biomedicine, computing
and nanotechnology, and were chosen after a rigorous selection and judging
process.  The result is an elite group whose visions and inventions will shape
the future of technology."
    Dr. Juels was recognized for his key role in the development of the RSA(R)
Blocker Tag, a technology designed to enforce consumer privacy while allowing
consumers and businesses to reap the full benefits of Radio-Frequency
Identification (RFID) technology.  Dr. Juels, who completed his Ph.D. in
Computer Science at U.C. Berkeley, focuses his research at RSA Laboratories,
the research division of RSA Security, on data security, with emphases on
authentication, biometrics, electronic voting and financial cryptography.

    About The New England Business and Technology Association
    The New England Business and Technology Association, Inc. (NEBATA), is a
non-profit business association that brings together providers and users of
technology in business, education and government to foster knowledge-sharing
and business development in a professional environment.  NEBATA Programs
explore the critical business and leadership issues at the intersection of
technology and business.  Continuing series include the Leadership Roundtable,
New England Business and Technology Awards, Critical Issues Series, and unique
programs focusing on the Financial Services, Health & Life Sciences, and
Retail & Logistics industries.  These initiatives support the overall vitality
of the New England economy.

    About the Technology Review
    Technology Review, Inc., an MIT Enterprise, delivers essential information
about emerging technologies and their impact on business leaders.  Since 1998,
paid circulation for the company's magazine, Technology Review, has more than
tripled, climbing from 92,000 to 315,000.  Combined with its signature events,
newsletters, and online businesses, Technology Review reaches over two million
business leaders throughout the world each month.

    About RSA Security Inc.
    RSA Security Inc. helps organizations protect private information and
manage the identities of people and applications accessing and exchanging that
information.  RSA Security's portfolio of solutions - including identity &
access management, secure mobile & remote access, secure enterprise access,
secure transactions and consumer identity protection - are all designed to
provide the most seamless e-security experience in the market.  Our strong
reputation is built on our history of ingenuity, leadership, proven
technologies and our more than 15,000 customers around the globe.  Together
with more than 1,000 technology and integration partners, RSA Security
inspires confidence in everyone to experience the power and promise of the
Internet. For more information, please visit http://www.rsasecurity.com.
    RSA is a registered trademark of RSA Security Inc. in the United States
and/or other countries.  All other products and services mentioned are
trademarks of their respective companies.

    For more information:
     Wendy Bulawa                            Matt Buckley
     McGrath/Power Public Relations          RSA Security Inc.
     (978) 994-1447                          (781) 515-6212
     wendyba at mcgrathpower.com                mbuckley at rsasecurity.com

 SOURCE RSA Security Inc.
 Web Site: http://www.rsasecurity.com

More news from PR Newswire...

Issuers of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the
accuracy of the content.
Terms and conditions, including restrictions on redistribution, apply.
 Copyright ) 1996-2004 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.
 A United Business Media company.

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA