Seld-defeating US foreign policy

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Oct 20 12:00:47 PDT 2004

    --
James A. Donald:
> > The US government should expose and condemn these
> > objectionable practices, subvert moderately objectionable
> > regimes, and annihilate more objectionable regimes.  The
> > pentagon should deprive moderately objectionable regimes of
> > economic resources, by stealing their oil, destroying their
> > water systems, and cutting off their trade and population
> > movements with the outside world.

Tyler Durden
> As was stated elesewhere, there is sfirst of all the problem
> of -who- determines the meaning of objectionable.

As I said, an Islamic regime is objectionable if it tolerates
terror against non islamic minorities, thus creating, perhaps
unintentionally, an environment that facilitates terror against
external infidels - that is to say, terror against me and
people like me.

> In this context a very strong case can be made that the US
> caused the Khmer Rouge to come to power, precisely by
> performing in a way similar to what you espouse.

That "case" is a nutty rationalization put forward by the
former fans of the Khmer Rouge to rationalize their bad
conduct.

The Khmer Rouge came to power in the same way communists did in
Laos: because the North Vietnamese created them armed them, and
then engaged in major military intervention to bring them to
power.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     Hc9DKz2cMbczPC73mgjALFsceb/aslSBwH9Id4Ng
     4ySC7lfzG04xzWAMEFTVW74ePloZsF8IukGPBMSwD