[Humor] [TSCM-L] secret agent man!!! (fwd)

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Tue Oct 19 11:40:23 PDT 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:02:53 -0700
From: A.Lizard <alizard at ecis.com>
To: TSCM-L at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TSCM-L] secret agent man!!!

>Sad state of spying
>Intelligence vets are still musing over Michael Kostiw, whose reported
>shoplifting forced his withdrawal this month as the CIA's prospective
>executive director. But what dismays the spooks most isn't the ethics or
>the propriety of the case--it's that Kostiw had served as a case officer
>for 10 years and still couldn't manage to shoplift a package of bacon
>without getting caught in a Northern Virginia market. Says one old spy:
>"It's a perfect metaphor for the sorry state of the CIA"

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/041025/whispers/25whisplead.htm

While I don't think this the place for political debate, I think the state
of US intelligence services is something of interest to everyone on the list.

I only hope this guy hasn't been training people.

A.Lizard
--
member The Internet Society (ISOC), The HTML Writers Guild.
"Feudal societies go broke. These top-heavy crony capitalists of the Enron
backup address (if ALL else fails) alizard at gmail.com
PGP 8.0 key available by request or keyserver. Download PGP from:
http://www.pgpi.org for e-mail privacy.
Disaster prep info: http://www.ecis.com/~alizard/y2k.html
***Looking for INTELLIGENT new technology public policy alternatives?***
                  http://www.ecis.com/~alizard/technology.html

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/UBhwlB/TM

 It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
 It is by the juice of Star Bucks that thoughts acquire speed,
 the hands acquire shaking, the shaking is a warning.
 It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.