Airport insanity

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Oct 19 09:59:16 PDT 2004

    --
http://washingtontimes.com/national/20041018-124854-2279r.htm

On 18 Oct 2004 at 21:04, Bill Stewart wrote:
> None of those things sound like terrorism to me, just basic
> military violence,

Terrorists seldom engage in basic military violence, which
requires courage.

For example one of those released from Guatenamo captured
several chinese foreign aid workers working in Pakistan,
threatening to murder them:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-pak13.html

> though certainly the American and Russian militaries aren't
> the only ones engaging in terrorist activities in South Asia
> and some of these ~146 people may be among them. But most of
> the Warlord-vs-Warlord fighting in Afghanistan isn't
> terrorism, and most of the Iraqi Resistance isn't either,

What Al Quaeda and the Taliban do is terrorism.  What the
Northern Alliance does to stop them is not terrorism.  When did
the Northern alliance massacre civilians in territories it
controlled, launch car bombs in market places, and so on and so
forth?

> and I'd have expected that a staunch anti-communist like
> James wouldn't mind people shooting at Russian soldiers even
> though they're no longer Soviets.

These guys prefer to shoot at children.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     qeXTtjIfy8jstPbn09dKRXMxQSVaG2t3WybJOFOP
     4YnrjDudDubJLxMto2Ny0HL2d18PndoDUq+pjm+kd