Airport insanity

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Oct 19 09:39:05 PDT 2004

    --
Thomas Shaddack:
>  > > It isn't a problem for you until it happens to you. Who
>  > > knows when being interested in anon e-cash will become a
>  > > ground to blacklist *you*.

James A. Donald:
>  > I know when it will happen.  It will happen when people
>  > interested in anon ecash go on suicide missions.   :-)

Bill Stewart
> More likely, when anon ecash money-launderers start being
> accused of funding terrorist activities.

When e-currency handlers (cambists) are accused of money
laundering terrorist's money, the feds steal the money, but
they do not obstruct them from travelling, or, surprisingly,
even from doing business - well, perhaps not so surprisingly,
for if they stopped them from doing business there would be
nothing to steal.

When the state uses repressive measures against those that seek
to murder us, there is still a large gap between that and using
repressive measures against everyone.

We are not terrorists, we don't look like terrorists, we don't
sound like terrorists. Indeed, the more visible real terrorists
are, the less even Tim McViegh looks like a terrorist and the
more he looks like a patriot.

When people are under attack they are going to lash out, to
kill and destroy.  Lashing out an external enemy, real or
imaginary, is a healthy substitute for lashing out at internal
enemies.  We do not have a choice of peace, merely a choice
between war against external or internal enemies.   Clearly,
war against external enemies is less dangerous to freedom.

War is dangerous to freedom, but we do not have a choice of
peace.  The question is where the war is to be fought - in
America, or elsewhere.  War within America will surely destroy
freedom.

What we need to fear is those that talk about the home front
and internal security, those who claim that Christians are as
big a threat as Muslims - or that black Muslims are as big a
threat as Middle Eastern Muslims.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     cGrCJvmIhJnYLWO2RB3qmnqijcHlOOsA7iklRoZD
     4Ar75eLN10XbfJw/mqPpGQeUW0SzMlz4CLrpHIeEe