Airport insanity

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Mon Oct 18 11:38:17 PDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, James A. Donald wrote:

> Thomas Shaddack wrote:
> > It isn't a problem for you until it happens to you. Who knows
> > when being interested in anon e-cash will become a ground to
> > blacklist *you*.
>
> I know when it will happen.  It will happen when people
> interested in anon ecash go on suicide missions.   :-)

Never underestimate the power of the combination of the People With
Agendas with Classified Computerized Profiling Algorithms. :)

Be vigilant.

> People who are, for the most part, not like us are trying to kill people
> like us. Let us chuck all those people not-like-us off those planes
> where most of the passengers are people like us.

Define "us"?

> This really is not rocket science.

Personally, as a relatively frequent flyer, I worry much more about things
like cutting corners of fuselage and engine maintenance and quality of
fuel (and, perhaps even more, the quality of onboard coffee) than about
bombers on board. (On the other hand, local states grew out of their
imperial-lust phase couple decades/centuries ago, which makes their people
less disliked. Somehow lesser tendency to trigger-happy gung-ho a-ramboin'
seems to be helpful too.)

Seeing things in perspective sometimes helps.