Airport insanity

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Oct 16 16:01:49 PDT 2004

    --
James A. Donald:

On 15 Oct 2004 at 16:32, Tyler Durden wrote:
> Huh? The one flaw in this logic is that this only works if
> you can send this particular definition of suspicious "looks"
> backwards in time. The shoe-bomber is a particularly
> interesting case, as I believe the dude was ethnically
> British.

The passengers who jumped him, however, were looking forwards
in time.

Suicide bombers seldom look, or act, like normal people.  You
might think a suicide bomber is the ultimate guided missile,
but the Palestinian experience is that they are more like
unguided missiles, or dumb bombs.  The handler accompanies the
suicide as close to the target as he dares, then activates the
suicide's control, hoping they do not explode on the spot.

> He might have looked odd from the photo you saw circulated in
> the press, but I'd bet a lot of money no one would have
> picked him as looking like a terrorist.

But the people sitting beside him did pick him as looking like
a terrorist.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     z1bJgk/rjP4UAOrP7RtOBaH6cZp3IPBz72kegLH0
     4Swd9FlAVwnfuYyk6bFcKfWrQDQDVgIGBVWN+86wq