Airport insanity

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Sat Oct 16 11:41:15 PDT 2004

Thus spake James A. Donald (jamesd at echeque.com) [16/10/04 14:33]:
: > I've had more than one comment about my ID photos that amount
: > to basically: "You look like you've just left a terrorist
: > training camp."
:
: Nonetheless you can probably start fiddling with your shoes on
: a plane without the passengers seated near you jumping you.

Perhaps, I don't know.  But we're not talking about the other passengers,
we're talking about screening based on looks, no?

: > For whatever reason, pictures of me always come out looking
: > like some crazed religious fanatic.  But that doesn't mean
: > that I'm going to bomb anything.  And I sure hope that I'm
: > not going to be detained or denied entry because of how I
: > *look*, alone.
:
: If you really look like the shoe bomber, then you should have
: to drive, or use public transport.

So by that rationale, every Arab should have to drive or use public
transport?  Oh, and every white American (recall numerous references to Mr.
McVeigh), too.  Shit, by that rationale, the only people allowed left to fly
will be cats and dogs.

Just not pit bulls.