Airport insanity

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Oct 16 11:27:19 PDT 2004

    --
James A. Donald:
> > Has anyone who does not look a terrorist done a suicide
> > mission outside Israel or Russia? Recall the shoe bomber.
> > You just had to look at him. You would think the airport
> > screeners would need to be half brain dead to let him on
> > the plane.  Come to think of it, they are half brain dead,
> > but laws that require them to pretend to be stupider than
> > they actually are do not help.

Damian Gerow
> I've had more than one comment about my ID photos that amount
> to basically: "You look like you've just left a terrorist
> training camp."

Nonetheless you can probably start fiddling with your shoes on
a plane without the passengers seated near you jumping you.

> For whatever reason, pictures of me always come out looking
> like some crazed religious fanatic.  But that doesn't mean
> that I'm going to bomb anything.  And I sure hope that I'm
> not going to be detained or denied entry because of how I
> *look*, alone.

If you really look like the shoe bomber, then you should have
to drive, or use public transport.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     OSAEtsROBjQx7D9gY/VOYIR6gP2XT4W4uGtNsB+l
     4IvEFcdiZu/zuBnyVhVYTnXbtIfk7mIE7YK5jQFN7