Airport insanity

Dave Howe DaveHowe at gmx.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 17:01:22 PDT 2004

Damian Gerow wrote:
> I've had more than one comment about my ID photos that amount to basically:
> "You look like you've just left a terrorist training camp."  For whatever
> reason, pictures of me always come out looking like some crazed religious
> fanatic.  But that doesn't mean that I'm going to bomb anything.  And I sure
> hope that I'm not going to be detained or denied entry because of how I
> *look*, alone.
No, of course not. even if you had a turban, carried a koran and your
briefcase made a suspicious ticking noise, that would be *profiling* and
therefore bad.

Now, if your name happened to sound like someone who doesn't look like
you, but a FBI agent had once misheard in passing... that would get you
detained.