Airport insanity

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 13:32:37 PDT 2004

OK, Mr Donald...you're shittin' me, right?

>Has anyone who does not look a terrorist done a suicide mission
>outside Israel or Russia?

If you define a suicide mission a priori as the act of a terrorist (I guess
I do), then by definition anyone who performs such an act is a terrorist.
Therefore, anyone who performs a suicide mission looks like a terrorist.
Guess it's simple, then eh?

>Recall the shoe bomber.   You just
>had to look at him.

Yer trollin me, I just know it! YAAGH but I can't help myself...I gotta
respond! I guess it's OK then if we don't allow strange looking people on
the planes. Come to think of it, I think YOU look like a terrorist...

>You would think the airport screeners would
>need to be half brain dead to let him on the plane.  Come to
>think of it, they are half brain dead, but laws that require
>them to pretend to be stupider than they actually are do not
>help.

OK, so you not only want to stop anybody odd looking from getting on an
airplane, you want near-welfare, minimum-wage HS dropouts be responsible for
determining what "odd" means?

>Just don't let anyone who looks like the shoe bomber fly.
>Problem solved.

Huh? The one flaw in this logic is that this only works if you can send this
particular definition of suspicious "looks" backwards in time. The
shoe-bomber is a particularly interesting case, as I believe the dude was
ethnically British. He might have looked odd from the photo you saw
circulated in the press, but I'd bet a lot of money no one would have picked
him as looking like a terrorist. However, since we now know about what the
shoe-bomber looks like, it should be relatively easy to stop his genetic
clones or identical twins from boarding planes in the future. "Problem
Solved" indeed. However, this might not work against people that DON'T look
like the shoe-bomber.

>There are probably a few innocents in Guantenamo, but they
>released at least one Al Quaeda terrorist who promptly got back
>in business murdering large numbers of people, and was caught
>doing it - so presumably they have released lots of others who
>have committed lots of murders, and not been caught doing it.

Hum. An interesting, Stalinist logic. Well, Stalin was on a certain level
immensely practical. I say we build a big electrified fence around Cobble
Hill Brooklyn and fuck 'em...SOMEONE in there is definitely Al-Qaeda,
therefore let's assume everyone in there's guilty until proven innocent.

>Anyone who was non Afghan and in Afghanistan in the middle of
>the war without a good explanation should have been executed by
>the Northern Alliance or imprisoned permanently in Guatenamo.

So likewise would you agree that if any non-citizen US soldiers (there are
10s of thousands non-citizen soldiers in the US) are captured in the
numerous future wars, then they captors have the right to execute them on
the spot? Uhm...no Geneva convention or anything? What the hell, it's a
free-for-all anyway!

>Yes, I do support internment, as wartime measure, during real
>war, against an ethnically based enemy.

Wow. Since Iranians are Indo-European (ie, white), then in the event of war
with Iran would you advocate rounding up all Americans of Indo-European
ancestry? Does this have to be "pure", or should we grab the African
Americans too (which have large % of Indo-European genes)?

Oh wait, most of the Afghans are Indo-Europeans too. So if you're arrested
then you'll certainly understand that we're really just protecting the US
from your possible collusion with your relatives in Afghanistan...

What seems to be clear to me is that you believe that your opinions
originate from some self-consistent logical framework that is "unpopular" in
some quarters. What also seems clear to me that it's really an inconsistent
hodgepodge thrown up around the real goal, American domination at all costs,
damn the logic and damn the consequences.

-TD