Airport insanity

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Fri Oct 15 12:32:56 PDT 2004

Thus spake James A. Donald (jamesd at echeque.com) [15/10/04 15:19]:
: Has anyone who does not look a terrorist done a suicide mission
: outside Israel or Russia? Recall the shoe bomber.   You just
: had to look at him. You would think the airport screeners would
: need to be half brain dead to let him on the plane.  Come to
: think of it, they are half brain dead, but laws that require
: them to pretend to be stupider than they actually are do not
: help.

I've had more than one comment about my ID photos that amount to basically:
"You look like you've just left a terrorist training camp."  For whatever
reason, pictures of me always come out looking like some crazed religious
fanatic.  But that doesn't mean that I'm going to bomb anything.  And I sure
hope that I'm not going to be detained or denied entry because of how I
*look*, alone.