Airport insanity

John Kelsey kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 15 08:58:43 PDT 2004

"Ahh, thanks for flying, Mr McVeigh.  You're in seat 1A, just behind the cockpit.  We like to put patriotic Americans there to make sure there's no risk of in-flight terrorism."

>This is precisely why Al-Qaeda sent 19 (or probably more) true-believers.
>Even if TSA lowers the odds, all you have to do is roll the dice many more
>times, and a few of the faithful will definitely get through the checkpoint.
>Security measures might stop a lone crazy, but the odds don't stand up if
>they send dozens of people into airports all around the country. And Iraq II
>is promising us a bumper crop of new 'terrorists'.

Yep.  It gives you a warm feeling all over to know that we're spending billions of dollars on running a nation-sized terrorist training camp.  Ah, but not to worry.  *These* terrorists won't get WMDs.  We know, because apparently there's not a gram of WMD anywhere in Iraq.  And besides, A.G. Khan has been brought to justice, and is now requiring proof of identity and a major credit card before shipping you the Nuclear Weapons Program in a Box set, and North Korea is too busy stockpiling nukes and missiles for an upcoming "negotiated settlement to certain border questions" to sell any of them to any (other) crazies.  Why the only other place where there's a risk of nuclear proliferation is in the old Soviet Union--and we all know *they* don't have any Islamic fundamentalist terrorists running about.  So we can clearly rest easy.

It's a good thing we've got an administration in the White House who cares about security and the war on terror.  Otherwise, I'd be a mite worried about now....

>-TD

--John Kelsey