City Challenged on Fingerprinting Protesters

Dave Howe DaveHowe at gmx.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 09:06:51 PDT 2004

Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> There is a bill in this year's Ca election to require DNA sampling of
> anyone arrested.  Not convicted of a felony, but arrested.
Doesn't surprise me - the UK police collected a huge bunch of
fingerprints and dna samples "for elimination purposes" during one of
the child-murder witchhunts, with written promises given that the
samples were just for that one task, and would be destroyed once the
hunt was over.
They still kept them anyway of course, and made them the basis for their
new "national dna database".