Foreign Travelers Face Fingerprints and Jet Lag

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Sun Oct 3 12:41:25 PDT 2004

I don't know if my info is still current (and I did not read the
article), but the last time I went to the US (early this year) my H1B
was no longer in effect (I quit microsoft last year, and H1B visas are
tied to employer), and I did not get fingerprinted.

However they had a camera and fingerprinting equipment, and notice
saying that if you _did_ have H1B and other such temporary US visa
documents you would be photographed and fingerprinted.

Adam