comfortably numb

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Sun Oct 3 09:49:53 PDT 2004

t 11:22 PM 10/1/04 -0700, Bill Stewart wrote:
>Questions were going through my mind. Would it hurt? What are the
risks?
>What if I want to get it out?
>
>I ordered another drink.

In the US its generally illegal to tattoo someone who is drunk.

>Comfortably numb

In many ways this fellow is.

------------

I recently read that DoCoMo is moving towards using cellphones as
wallets for all kinds of value.

Though they could have the phone be an anonymous bearer
token like cash or a prepaid token
(which, like cash, limits the loss to the stored value if the phone is
lost
or stolen), they "thought customers would prefer transaction records".
Japs don't care for privacy, it seems.   If they lose the phone, its
just one call to DoCoMo instead of several to credit companies,
which is touted as a plus.  Makes analyzing behavior easier if
its centralized.  Insects.