"ID Rules Exist, But Can't Be Seen"

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Fri Oct 1 07:22:08 PDT 2004

Talking out his ass, Tyler Durden wrote:

> That's a good point. And those screeners ain't exactly the cream of the
> crop, if ya' know what I mean. A year ago they were making minimum wage, so
> if someone wanted a copy of those guidelines, it'd be easy as hell to con it
> out of one of em. (INVOKE SPIRIT OF TIM MAY HERE)...dress all official-like
> with a clipboard and some random badge, and start quizzing the locals about
> the current rules. Maybe that wouldn't work at JFK, but go to the airport
> at, say, Lexington So Carolina or Bumfuck Idaho and you'd get the
> information faster than a hillbilly can skin a possum for dinner.

Have you ever done penetration testing? It would be harder at a small
airport because the people all know each other. It's the larger
organizations in which you're able to cloak yourself in anonymity.

You are correct, however, in your characterization of the screeners.
Sheesh, what a bunch of mouth-breathing imbeciles and petty thieves. I
haven't flown since 2001, but I bring people to NYC airports frequently,
and am always impressed with TSA's level of professionalism. Not
favorably impressed, mind you, but impressed.