"Spooks", Root Beer, and My Keyboard...

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Tue Nov 30 16:16:38 PST 2004

...so, courtesy of BitTorrent and http://www.tvtorrents.net, I started to
download and watch "Spooks" something that looked like a British knock-off
of the really-better-off-dead "The Agency" from a few years back over here.

Fine. First episode I see (Year 3 episode 6, episode titles forgotten),
seemed okay, mostly, though she was *awfully* scrawny the old honey trap,
um trick. Second one (episode 7), though, starts off with an almost
plausible hacking-for-jihad storyline with only the odd bit of "Star-Trek
science", admittedly I'm a sucker for hand-waving, but then, but then...

...but then they got to the crypto.

Hence the subject line of this message.

Sigh. I'll never learn.

Root beer, keyboards, and "Spooks" don't mix.

But we knew that already, right?

:-)

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA