Tin Foil Passports, Al foil diplomas

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Tue Nov 30 18:44:37 PST 2004

At 08:02 PM 11/29/04 +0000, Justin wrote:
>On 2004-11-27T06:36:24-0800, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
>> At 09:13 AM 11/27/04 +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>> >Link: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/27/0026222
>> >Posted by: michael, on 2004-11-27 05:05:00
>> >   low-cost solution: '[I]incorporate a layer of metal foil into the

>> >   cover of the passport so it could be read only when opened.'
Don't
>> >   they know that the whole tinfoil hat thing is supposed to be a
>> >   joke?"
>>
>> What is most poignant about this post is the lack of education of /.
>> authors.  Don't they teach Maxwell any more?  Is Faraday just the guy

>> who said ...
>
>Standardized education. We can't have anyone teaching to the 50th
>percentile, even assuming the median teen-citizen can handle basic
>calculus and E&M.  Teachers must teach one or two sigmas below that
>level, and anyone who gets hyperactive in such an inane educational
>environment is malfunctioning and requires medication.

Today I heard a guy at work describe the Turkish empire to another.
Their plan
was to eliminate foreign schools for ca. 300 years so the conquered
would
be lame.  No Canticle For Liebowitz for the conquered.

I refrained from expressing the parallels I perceived, camoflage is best

some times.

Got IED?