Fallujah: Marine Eye-Witness Report

John Kelsey kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 24 10:08:11 PST 2004

At least three:

a.  The pottery barn theory of foreign affairs--we'd be blamed for making things worse.  (I don't know how much this matters long term, but it would certainly have made life pretty hard on Tony Blair and the rest of the world leaders who actually supported us.)

b.  We would one day like their oil back on the market.

c.  We would like to make sure that the next regime to come to power there isn't someone we also feel obligated to get rid of, as even invasions done on the cheap cost a lot of money.

>    --digsig
>         James A. Donald

--John