Fallujah: Marine Eye-Witness Report

ken bbrow07 at students.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 03:13:48 PST 2004

> The current war against western civilization started in the 1920's, when
> Qutb started writing his Moslem triumphalist blather in reaction to the
> complete collapse of the Turkish Caliphate in the wake of World War I.

Eh?

OK, I wouldn't have expected you to have heard of Uthman dan Fodio
and the Fulani Jihad, but you really ought to have some distant
rumour of Muhammad Ahmad the so-called Mahdi, a generation or two
earlier than the fall of the Turkish Empire. ()If only because it
would be rather hard to make any sense of whats going on in North
Africa without)

> It'll be finished when the residents of its modern equivalent has property
> rights and personal freedom.

Sometimes I wonder if the would would be a better place if most
Americans learned anything about history that happened east of New
Bedford or west of the San Andreas fault.  Or that hadn't been
filtered through a right-wing journalese dumbing-down
small-c-conservative  small-l-liberal consensus.

But some miracles are too much to hope for.